Thread: Ebay Warning!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
LuvnmyYorkie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Ebay Warning!!!

I just got this email and it looks like a regular notification email from ebay. I don't have anything for sale right now, and haven't for a while, so I got confused when I saw it. When I copied it on here, it only copied the text, but it looks EXACTLY like an email from ebay! When I clicked on Respond Now, my internet gave me an alert that it is a spam/ phishing email. So now they are trying to get your info in a much sneakier way!! I'm pretty good at catching spams, but this one got me!! Good thing my internet caught it!!

a eBay sent this message.
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Question about Item - Respond Now

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address.

Question from bluebellvue
bluebellvue( 146)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Item: (250026510836)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
bluebellvue is a potential buyer.

I don't understand why you are not answering back.I have made the payment and you said you will provide a tracking number after the payment is done.If you don't replay I am assuring you I will report you at eBay.I am sorry for that but you gave me no choice.Waiting for your answer asap. Thank you!

Mark Barett.
Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Thank you,
eBay

Details for item number: 250026510638
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:AAQ:US:1
End date: Sep-11-06 16:36:44 PDT

Marketplace Safety Tip

Always remember to complete your transactions on eBay - it's the safer way to trade.

Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay" transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about trading safely.

Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the Community by reporting it.

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
Spoof Email Tutorial - Page 1

This eBay notice was sent to you on behalf of another eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: eBay Privacy Policy
User Agreement: Your User Agreement

Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

UJOFZMLUFRRBXERLIXNBUZEBRYGVZYFTLLVHXW
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!