Thread: please help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
CIPCB7
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
I don't know anything about your particular case, but it could be liver shunt, hypoglycemia, or eating something toxic.
Please share more information.
How long was the seizure? How old is Cody? What are you feeding him and how often? Has he been eating okay?
How is he acting right now?
Well, the seizure was witnessed by my daughter. According to her, it was about 3am when she was awakened by Cody jerking (he sleeps with her). She turned on the light and noticed that his eyes were open but he was shaking and would not respond to her. She said it was a few seconds long and when he did "come to" he started licking her face and was back to his normal state. She said that while he seized (if that is what it was--it sounds like a seizure) she kept calling his name and he was unresponsive. Cody is now 7 months old, we feed him Wellness for puppies. He eats 3 times a day and his appetite is fine. I know Yorkies are prone to many things, hypoglycemia amongst one of them, and since I work nights and my kids stay home with Cody, I dont know if it was a hypoglycemic episode that he had, although like I said his appetite is great and I dont think that is what caused it. And like my daughter says, who knows if this was his first or one of many others that might've occurred while she was asleep.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!