View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #15
dtaylor
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Oh, we've had quite a few accidents already, but that's ok. I think he's getting the hang of things, but it's only been a week so that could be hopeful thinking. The downstairs is all wood flooring so cleanup is easy. We've already learned that he needs constant supervision.

We have a small crate, and will use that as part of his training. Luckily my wife says at home so that should help out. We have a small back garden right off the kitchen so we just leave the door open giving him a chance to run around safely and do his business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmatherly View Post
Welcome to YT! Can't wait to see Chester! Hope you stick around...this is a great community where you can learn a whole lot. WARNING: I started out with one little yorkie and now I have three. They are like potato chips...you can't have just one
Good luck on the potty training. I have a 15 week old named Ranger who is doing well for his age I guess, but accidents do happen. They are always my fault because I let him run off in the house without watching him. One word of advice...if you have a little play pen or something like that, put him in there if you can't watch him every second. My little bugger does not like the puppy pads my other Yorkies use. He would rather go outside or in the kitchen..hehe
dtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!