View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #12
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

I went through these issues with TJ - I used to homecook, meat, brown rice and veggies. I used to have to put cheese on top and that worked for a little bit, then I would use a fine cheese grater and make dust out of a beef liver treat ontop of the food, but it was like pulling teeth to get him to eat well. Then we switched to the premade raw food - OMG night and day, he LOVED this food. He was on it for about 6 months and then on a few bits of info I learned about his breeder, I got his bile acid tested, this test shows how the liver is functioning. Well his numbers were high, so I had to switch his food to a low, but quality protein and NO MEAT, as the ammonia from the digestion of meat is too harsh on the liver.

So now his diet consists of: Spinach Egg Noodles, Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Pureed Veggies (Carrots, Celery, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Green Peppers). Since his BAT numbers have come down to normal, I still shred some chicken and sprinkle that ontop of his mixture. He also gets dried cranberries and dried blueberries, apple pieces and he LOVES the center of romaine lettuce.

Occasionally I have to sprinkle a little cheese ontop, but the smell of the green pepper and a few pieces of romaine lettuce stalks entices him to eat up.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!