View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

I'll be watching this thread like a hawk. Gracie and Sugar do great in the car but my daughter's little Spike sounds just like your Kammie except the drooling. I tried Benedryl first. He had the opposite reaction and went nuts. I've tried several herbal relaxers. They stop the shaking but he still pants and looks scared. It's like they relax his body but not his mind. Then the vet prescribed Valium. The worst thing I tried by far! This was recent and I didn't post about it but he had the opposite reaction and it was like he was crazy on speed. He had zero coordination but he was working in fast forward. Just jumping at your leg made him fall and he was acting crazy- very wild eyed and hyper. We ended up closing him in his stroller so he couldn't hurt himself.. It was really scarey.

Spike is also afraid of thunderstorms which is why we tried the valium that night. At this point I'm going to deal with the phobias with the herbal supplements that don't help that much because the "fixes" have been worse.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!