Thread: In Heat or NOT?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeniferlee
I have been away from Yorkietalk for two weeks- I had withdrawals at first and was
almost afraid to come back on because once I start reading I can’t stop!

But I have to post asking about heat cycles- I have been to tons of sites and read lots about it but I am not sure if Macy is in heat or not. She was just 5 months old last week, her bottom is swollen, her nipples are larger than before. But it has been a week and there is no blood but she has been cleaning herself lots. She is humping her stuffed animals a lot more than normal and she is very tired all the time. I am not sure how to tell if it is heat or just me thinking it might be? I would like to know because the vets around her will not even see her to be spayed before her first heat. Any helpful hints?

When Mollie came in heat the first time she was 9 1/2 months. If her bottom is swollen I would say she is definately coming in heat. It may take a few more days before she actually starts to bleed. Mollie was swollen for about 7 - 10 days before she started to bleed and she cleaned herself alot. I didn't really pay any attention to the size of her nipples. But dogs are like people each one is probably different. I would just keep an eye on her over the next few days.

Hope this helps.

Sheila
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!