Thread: Please help!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
mariana11
Yorkie Yakker

Default Please help!!!

I have a 3 1/2 month old female yorkie. Her name is Luna. The potty training is going smoothly but what I'm really having problems with is her barking and biting. The more comfortable she got with me and my husband, the worse she started to behave. She was really shy and quiet at first and now, she's a completely different puppy. I am losing my patience. She barks at anything and everything. She barks when she's going potty, when she wants another treat..or just for anything it seems like. The barking seems to be the bigger issue. Even after I give her a very firm "QUIET" she continues..she stops for a second or so then starts again. When I tell her QUIET she growls at me. As far as the biting goes, sometimes I can't hold her close to my face because she launches for my nose or ears! I'm just really confused and not sure what to do. I'm not sure if she's alone too long during the day, I work 8am-5pm. Not sure what to do. I was thinking that maybe another little puppy will mellow her out or something...any suggestions?
Would getting another puppy help the situation? Or make it worse? How can I stop the barking?
Maybe she needs more play time? Is she too young to put a leash on her?
mariana11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!