View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 05:22 AM   #10
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I know that some folks are against using pee pads, but maybe try having a pee pad for him to use. Hot Rod is 8 mos and I just opened up the hallway to him. First, his crate, then xpen, then family room, then kitchen, then sunroom (off familyroom), now hallway. The dining room and downstairs bedroom are still closed off to him. The office is okay if I am in there with him-I don't want to find a paperclip or something. We've had since he was 15 weeks old. It takes awhile but so far he's been really good.

Well, I was painting one of the upstairs guest bdrms and Hot Rod was in there with me. I had a pee pad in there also. Well, recently, I've been bringing him upstairs into our room when I go to take a shower. The other day I was finishing up the guest room and showed him where the pee pad was. We then went into my bedroom so I could shower and after about 1 minute he started running around like crazy so I opened the door and he zoomed to use the pee pad! I was so proud of him! It will take some time, just be patient. Set him up for success and not failure and he will learn. Good luck.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!