View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
LIL MIS' MAGIC
Yorkie Lover
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootiesMom View Post
I am surely no expert on the subject but from experience I have learned that the actual schedule time isnt as important as being consistent with whatever time you do anything.
Mine, over time, have learned that they get fed at a certain time each day, they walk at a certain time each day and go to bed at the same time! They will even let me know if I have missed their normal time(in case I forget)... At night, I put up a gate in my room to keep them from wandering around the house and they will actually come and just get in the bed without being told.
If I am a little late with the walk, Tootie will go to his "bag" that holds the leash and pull on it to remind me
Even my cat can "tell time"... he knows what time of the day is feeding time and walking time and he is right there waiting everyday, itis really cute!
I dont do crate training so could not help you with that, but good luck!
I also find that using the same specific word for different things is important. My dogs know the difference between "Pottie" and "outside"... Pottie means they go in their little dog yard and OUTSIDE creates a party cuz they know it means walking on the leash.. haha We go "pottie" about every hour when I am home...
and dont even think about using the word CHEESE unless you intend to hand it out.. LOL
gotta love them babies!
d

We are the exact same way...we don't have a "schedule" just things that we do everyday at the same time. We always take a walk after I get done eating dinner and they know that as soon as I am done and have put my food away that it is time to going "walking". They will start prancing around and jumping until I get their leashes and my shoes on. And then after we go for a walk they get to go play "outside" (as long as it is not raining) and they will run to the gate and ask to go out. Even on rainy days they will ask to go outside. They just know their rountine.

They also know when it is time to eat, if I am doing something else or forget what time is Sailor will start barking until I get up and get their food out. And they are same way with bed time...once they are ready they will start pacing at our gate to the bedrooms and just wait for me to put them to bed. They don't like to stay up past their bed times no matter what is going on

These guys are smart and they know when they are suppose to do something and will let you know if you are not doing it. They help me stay on track somedays...LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!