View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #14
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims822257 View Post
OMG Brooke....I can totally relate. Murphy is absolutely CRAZY when it comes time for me to try. I seriously take him to the vet just to do it and that is just ridiculous in my opinion. I feel I should be able to control a yorkie but HECK NO he is crazy just like Stedman. I wish I had advice for you but I am just as bad off as you are ... that’s why I was so scared about the ear hair you were telling me about a few weeks ago.

I do have to say this last time I tried again I did it when it was just Murphy and I. I sent Mia on an errand with her daddy and I rolled Murphy over after he had been sleeping on the sofa and tried. AT first he was totally calm and I thought HOLY CRAP this is going to work and than one clip and he freaked so than I just had to hold him down HARD to do it. It was crazy but I got it done for the first time in my life. Afterwards he was panting like crazy...I mean CRAZY!

Gosh I empathize with you - it is tough for me too. Okay now that I wrote a book and did not even offer one single amount of help - ha, ha!! Sorry!!
Well even though I feel sorry for you that you have to go through this with Murphy too, at least I know I'm not the only one who has a "wild child" when it comes to nail trimming! LOL. I would probably die of a heart attack if I was EVER able to pull it off....I swear I need to get a video so that everyone can see what he does It would probably look like I was being mean to him in the video because I have to be SO forceful in trying to hold him down...but I'm actually not hurting him at all....he is just sooooo squirmy and persistent! It's so frustrating too....if he could just hold still for a FEW minutes...I could get all of his nails trimmed in a snap - but he absolutely refuses

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!