View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
Sit on him. LOL....

You just describe me trimming Ramsey....in the beginning.

You have let him win the battle...if he squirms long enough...you will stop. So for awhile..it's gonna be a fight until he realizes it will be done. Now Ramsey has learned...it will be done...it can be 5 minutes...or 25 but I will trim her nails. She also knows...when you are finished...you get a treat. I put her down...she's barking...I let you, where's the dang treat!!
Sit on him....LOL!!! Good idea! Actually though, I do eventually give up because he gets SO out of breath from fighting us that it actually scares me. Seriously, hubby makes me stop because he is afraid that Stedman is eventually going to hyperventilate or something. It is VERY bad. And I can't just start clipping the nails because he is moving around SO MUCH....I would just end up hurting him.

He has got to be still otherwise I just can't do it. There is no way of me SAFELY trimming his nails without hurting him when he is jumping and squirming around all over the place I would probably end up cutting one of the pads on his paws by mistake or either clipping the nail too far and going down to the quick and that's SO painful for them I am just at a total loss!

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!