View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
abbey lee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Aside from all the basics (food, water, toys, bed, leash) I would STRONGLY reccomend getting a little kennel for the baby to sleep in. When i first got Abbey she slept in the bed with us the first night, and got up in the middle of the night and peed ON my boyfriend. From there, I put her in the bathroom with her bed to sleep and she CRIED ALL NIGHT. It was awful. So I got a kennel for her to sleep and she cried at first but then I would tap the top and say "NO, Sleep!" and she would quiet down and fall asleep. The night we got the kennel was my first night of good sleep with her. I also put a ticking clock in the kennel and that helped comfort her bc it sounded like a her mother's heart beat. They also like the kennel bc it's like a dark den where they feel safe. So, trust me, the first few nights will be a little rough but then kennel helps. It also helps with potty training.

Secondly, one of my best investments was getting a puppy KONG for Abbey. They help with teething and keep them busy for long periods of time. If I ever have to leave her alone for a while I put some treats in her Kong and it keeps her entertained with I am gone. It also helps when putting them in a carrier to help them calm down or when you put them in the crate. Abs was chewing the sides of my nice wooden furniture and having the Kong to chew on also helped in getting her to quit that habit.

Hope that helped!

We love and miss you MINNIE. Never far from our thoughts, Rest In Peace
abbey lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!