Thread: Satin Balls
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 06:08 AM   #5
Wolftrap
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdysMom
Is there danger of e-coli infection with dogs eating raw hamburger - as there would be if humans were to eat raw hamburger? I realize that a raw diet is what dogs/cats were meant to eat so perhaps dogs are immune to
e-coli infection - but I want to be sure. Rowdy is a very picky eater and he LOVES meat so satin balls sound like one solution. We traveled this weekend and about the only thing I could get him to eat was canadian bacon from an egg mcmuffin (he would only eat about 3 bites of the egg) and cooked hamburger. He would not touch his dog kibbles when we were traveling.
I'm not sure. I don't think there is any harm especially because I found this recipe on a lot of show dog sites. I know they care a lot about their dogs if they are showing them. Also if you are concerned I don't see why you can't make the balls and zap them in the microwave. I did that this morning for coco and she ate it just the same. But I'm telling you. This is the PERFECT solution for picky eaters. I have tried almost every brand of dog food on the market. Tried adding gravy to her food and everything. This is the first thing she has eaten and begged for more. I guarantee you this is the solution to your picky eater. But it does add weight on (which is what I want) so if your dog is already a healthy size you may not want to give a lot of this to them.
Wolftrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!