View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladesMommy View Post
Trying to make a long story somewhat short.

When I was a baby my paternal grandmother adopted me. Both my birth parents were druggies/drunks and it was the best thing. My granddad actually had to pay off my birthmom a couple thousand so she would sign the adoption papers.

My birthdad was in my life a bit longer than my birthmom. I've known them both growing up, but they never really made an effort to be a part of my life. My grandma (who I consider to be my mom) never kept me from them.

Anyway, my birthdad's brother (James) was over here the other day. He ask if we had heard from John *my birthdad*. Of course we hadn't. John and James had several fallings out when I was younger.. but James is gettng older (45) and recently had a son and I think it bothers him that John has nothing to do w/ the family. He ask if I had anyway to get ahold of him... which I sorta do but not really.

My birthdad had two other kids- Tabi (who my birthdads sister adopted) and I see her all the time. She's 16 and I love her to pieces and I'm so glad she is around. Then there is Johnathan who is 13? or 14?. John apparently got his crap together when Johnathan was born and got custody of him. We met johnathan once when he was about 4. Well I managed to find him on myspace and sent him a msg and ask him to show it to his dad. It gave a way to contact me and Johns brother. I just wanted to let my birthdad know that I was graduating college and that he made the right decision to sign the papers.. there is no doubt in my mind that I would have never achieved this much had I not been given up.. and that his brother was trying to reach him.

Johnathan messaged back and was like "my bday is May 8th"

OMG.. that freaking fantastic, but seriously could he just show his dad the msg????

I've probably confused y'all. Heck, I confuse myself when I talk about my family.. we've had so many interfamily adoptions it gets really confusing!
Congratulations on your graduation! Maybe he's going to show his dad the message but also wanted to open up the lines of communication with you. You remember how goofy and confusing 13 year old boys can be, right?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!