View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonysMom View Post
I was advised to join this site. I have two Bichon Frises sisters, 8 yrs old and just ordered a teacup female yorkie from the breeder I got my bichons from eight years ago. He is a wonderful breeder in NC of small breeds. I will go there in June to get her. I am so excited and was advised to join this group and am hopeing that any of you with teacup yorkies can shed any light upon this wonderful little dog. I have been researching this breed for a very long time. I love looking at the pictures and reading information. I am from the northern virginia area. Anyone near me who has teacup yorkies? The breeder says at full growth this yorkie should be about five pounds. Thanks for reading my posting! Ebonysmom
Welcome to yt.. I take you that you do not know yet to much about yorkies..

I think it is great your getting your first one.. but if the breeder says the yorkie will be 5 pounds fully grown the breeder should not tell you this dog is a teacup..

There is no such a word as teacup yorkie.. there can be a runt in a litter that ends to be smaller.. the standard size in a yorkie is actually 4-7 pounds..

There are many people who breed small yorkies in the hopes of producing tiny ones.. then they sell them as teacups which there is no such name.. but the say teacups in order to make more money..

I hope you get positive posts.. some people take the word as teacup not very well...

good luck with your baby.. I am sure you will learn lots about yorkies on this forum....

anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!