View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #1
*Trixie~Belle*
YT Addict

Question Starting full-blast crate training tomorrow!

And I have a few questions.
Im not sure if you can tell how big this crate is or not, but maybe you can give an idea:

http://ladies-connect.com/v-web/gall...1/tst_0045.jpg

Anyways.. here are my questions:

Am I suppose to leave the food and water in there for her all day/times?
--or just feed her when I want her to eat at first? (shes been having it down all day since we've been letting her roam free)

What all am I suppose to have in there?
--shoudl I have a big comfy blanket, just a towel, puppy pee pad or what?

I am starting this in the AM, after of course we wake up and take her out to potty. I am to keep her in the crate at all times until I know its time for her to potty right? and then of course if she does it, I praise her outside and have her out through the house for how long afterwards? then back in the crate -- What if she doesnt go potty at all, I just put her back in and try again in about an hour or so and keep repeating til she goes?

Toys
--Shes still not into the whole playing with toys yet, so shoudl I still leave some in there?

Feeling *punished*
--Is there any way she will feel sorta punished while she is in there but sees Daphne roaming free and so forth? I feel bad for doign this, but we so want her trained and we've heard good outcomes on those that do crate training... Is it silly to think she will feel punished or not as good if she sees Daphne out and so forth?

And last but not least...
--I am allowed to talk to her in the crate right? (its in my living room) I think I was told it would be okay to talk to her and soothe her, telling her its okay and so forth but NO rubbing/touching unless she is out and being praised for pottying outside, right?

-----------
I think thats it.. lol If yall have anything else to add or tell me, feel free.

My Belongs To 3 Beauti-Fur Diva Girls!
Daphne~Pom-1/5/2002Trixie~Yorkie-8/26/2001Baby Taylah~Yorkie 8/2005
*Trixie~Belle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!