View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
SweetSuzie614
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
No breeder should be using the term "teacup" period. It is against the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America's code of ethics to use "teacup" to describe a yorkshire terrier. I have friends with 3lb yorkies...they are just yorkies on the smaller side of the standard. It's important to remember too that the tiny ones you must be much more cautious with...responsible breeders will strive to breed yorkies in the 4-7lb range. They may get a smaller one, but they don't intentionally breed for it.
I totally agree with this! But I am one of those people who has a small yorkie, and I got her from a good breeder here in Austin. I love her, but if a breeder is advertising "teacups" run the other way!!!! Please for your sake and mine. I looked for EVER (literally) for CoCo and I went to some pretty grungy places here in Austin and the dogs were pitiful! But after about a year and a half of looking and searching, I ended up finding an amazing woman here that bread yorkies, and fell in love with CoCo. CoCo is now a year and a half old and weighs 3 1/2 lbs. Her parents were both 4 1/2 and 5 lbs. But she was just small because it was a 5 puppy litter. Anyways she has an awesome personality, and is amazing in every way. She gets along with other dogs, and is way cute! But anyways if you are still looking in the austin area let me know and I can maybe connect you to my breeder. My parents fell in love with her that I had to go back to her and buy my mom one from another litter of hers. So my mom now has a yorkie too named Chloe!
SweetSuzie614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!