View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Mydogkelsey
YT 500 Club Member

Confused questions about spaying...please help me!

Ok, I know there are a ton of spay/neuter questions on here, and I've searched "spay" and read a lot of posts' to try and get some answers. Although I dont think mine have been asked.

Kelsey is 9 1/2 months now, she's about 8 1/2 pounds and I believe all of her teeth have came in. Lately I've been keeping a good eye on here b/c she is getting older and may go in heat any day now. I've noticed her behavior is different. She is laying around a lot and I've noticed her pee-pee (sorry I dont know what to call it! lol) is a little swollen, but then again I dont remember what it looked like before ...and also she's been licking herself a lot! Im not sure if it's b/c she's going in heat or b/c she just got groomed and she shaved her stomach and cut the hair around her privates, so she may just not be used to it. Im confused...and want to get her spayed...I'm just trying to figure out if she has in fact gone in heat. If she is....or will be soon...Do most vets have them overnight for the surgery? Will her attitude change while she's in heat? Do I need to take special care of her while in heat such as rub her belly or give her more water/food? And then after she has the surgery what should I do for her? Does she need special care..etc. Thanks!
Sorry if any of these questions have been answered...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!