View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
mogli
Senior Yorkie Talker

Red face My ridiculous little vent ... (stop on by and call me crazy!)

Tomorrow we're getting Benoni (Benny).

My wife is really excited and thinks it's goin to be this great awesome thing. Having been through the puppy stages before, I'm dreading the challenges and possible destruction that lurks around the corner. Mogli was supposed to live forever and I wasn't going to have to even think about training again! She also wants real children and I think this will help the mindset ...

I've also been tormenting myself ... am I ready for another baby? Mogli left us on Dec 31st. So it's only been 4 months. I'm nowhere near over him, though I know I won't ever be. I feel cheated that suddenly after less than 7 years he's gone. I fear resenting another dog ... ? ... seems like every time I talk about Mogli or come to YT I get choked up. The "life timing" is right. I can have Benny trained and then worry about real kids. I can't have a little real kid at home and then bring in a puppy. I also miss the special companionship of a Yorkie, their hair and smell.

Thennnn there's the general new Yorkie fears ... liver shunt, knee, hip, trachea problems ... I'm a worry-wart so all I've been thinking about is wanting a healthy puppy.

Then there's all the things I'm not supposed to do or can't control ... will he be like Mogli ... what about coloring ... temperment ... how smart will he be ... will he get carsick, like toys ... be a cuddle bunny?

Will our other dog freak out?! You can tell she misses Mogli. When she's alone during the day you can tell she's sad. This morning I took Mogli's collar out and she came BOLTING super excited by the special jingle. I had a roommate once and when I came home from being out of town for a weekend, she had taped together his tags so he wouldn't jingle!!! I thought it was hysterical and promptly re-instated the noise!

*sigh* ... haven't got much done today 'cause mind is wandering ...

Send some good vibes please ... I need 'em for the next couple days ...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!