Thread: Help!?!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
Digby and Dexte
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help!?!

I know there are many many posts about potty training on here, but I just dont seem to get exactly what the procedure is when you catch them in the act.

I have 2 little guys who are still young but I would like to get them on the right path. Digby is 12 weeks and Dexter is 10 weeks.

All my childhood my parents and friends who had dogs would use the rolled up newspaper spanking or the rub their nose in it. Both of those seem a little mean.

I cannot just let them run my house though it is getting so frustrating. They are sneaky about it 90% of the time. They sneak off without my noticing and next thing I know there is a wet spot and or poo somewhere. Currently we live in a place that has all tile in the living room so its not a huge deal to me, but we are moving into a new place in 2 weeks that has wall to wall carpeting and it is brand new carpet. I would really like to get on the right track towards a positive outcome before we move.

Is there any hope of getting them headed that way at their current young ages?

P.S. They like to play with or on the pee pads more than using them for their purpose. They carry them around in their mouth too (even when they are soiled).
Digby and Dexte is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!