View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
Too many breeders are still reluctant to do this simple, inexpensive test. 12 hour fasting is no longer required so there really isn't any excuse for not getting it done now.
You are so very right. I feel like it's just an excuse when I hear breeders say their vet still requires fasting or won't do it until they are older, etc. etc. We wouldn't accept our vet treating our pets with outdated medicine, anaesthesia, or surgical procedures so why do breeders accept outdating BAT procedures from their vet? It's very easy for a vet to contact Dr. Center at Cornell and speak to her about Bile Acid Testing and current protocol. Excuses just don't work with me, and other pet owners need to educate themselves and not take excuses either.

thankyou to the OP for posting your story. I shared the link with a few people today. It is so so important for yorkies to be BAT. Until we find that genetic marker for LS, a BAT is the best non-invasive test we have now.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!