View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
yorkielovs2chat
Yorkie Yakker

I can't believe how many people are out there and some don't even know it. Cornell shared with me that some dogs are coming in with congenital shunts at much later ages! And so many from well known show breeders.

I was VERY angry at first. I saved and spent all this money so as to save money and did my research on breeders and who would ahve thought? And you always beat yourself up for not doing the bile acid testing...but I truly thought only backyard breeders or a dog would show signs. I have met MANY dogs who run agility and only caught it by fluke! Appeared so healthy.

Then to know. I have to watch EVERYTHING with him. Everywhere we go watching to make sure no one sneaks him p rotein and especially meat. I can't really leave him with anyone because he is so much work: homeprepared food, supplements, and diapers and if he wakes up in the nght with an infection, it is a lot of work which I don't mind but I can't put that on someone else. So I have had to totally re-arrange my life and I am young...but it is what it is and I wouldn't trade him for anything. I just hope breeders will encourage people to bile acid test and be honest about what is in their lines whether it be LS, stones, knee problems...whatever. At least people know what to look for as far as signs and symptoms so they can catch it early. I had no idea what a bladder infection looked like. There are strange behaviors associated with bladder issues early on that are subtle but if you know about them, you can catch it right away. Why would I think a 1 1/2 year old dog would ahve such a problem?

So I hope the word spreads and that my story helps people and that these health issues come out into the open. Some LS owners are scared to talk abecause they have been threatened!!!
yorkielovs2chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!