View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Unlove Bragging Rights-Champions in my Bloodlines!

I spoke to my Sister in San Antonio, Texas yesterday she has 2 Yorkies a male that is 2 yrs. old "Cookie" and a 9 month old female "Ginger".
She was complaining that Cookie has a dislocated knee cap and Ginger is now
8 1/2 lbs. when the "Breeder" told her she would only be 4 1/2 lbs.! Besides poor coat quality and slow hair growth but she did turn out lighter in coloration, the only gaurantee from the Breeder that came true......Cookie is Black & Tan, so I guess my sister wanted a lighter one this time?
Here's my disclaimer.....I'm not bashing Yorkies that are Black & Tan or Big Yorkies either, my point of my thread is "Do your Research", know what you are looking for and at? IMO, a Yorkie should look, act, smell and be a "Yorkie",
no doubts about the color or weight when there is a preference!
I last saw my sister in Orlando, about 4 1/2 yrs. ago, I had only one Yorkie then Artie, he was only a puppy then but he impressed her enough to want one! A year later I got Abigail with 14 Champions in her Bloodline (in the past 3 generations of her Pedigree) Artie's Bloodline was not so impressive but every male in his Pedigree had a DNA number w/c means they had Sired at least 10 Litters, that means they contributed to an extensive breeding program for the Foundation of the Breed. I did have every intention on Breeding Artie with Abigail......so my Sister waited for a year and a half for them to have Puppies so she could have one? Well her Husband got tired of her nagging and he bought "Cookie" from Petco for her Mother's Day Gift, a very expensive one at that $2,500.00 out the door! Well he didn't turn out as promised by the Salesperson @ 15 lbs. Black & Tan, so she got "Ginger" for her Birthday last Sept. and again promises......promises!
Her Yorkies are segregated to the Kitchen, kept away from her 3 children and only played with during scheduled times. In between her Yoga Classes and Shopping. Cookie gets car sick and Ginger pee's when excited or around Men.
They are crated @ night and at least she diligently walks them twice a day.
What a Sterile environment and relationship or is it just me?
Since I am crazy in Love with mine, and a YT.er, a true Yorkie Addict!
She says she is frustrated with Cesar Milan, b/c his Dog Whisperer techniques are not working on her Yorkies? My 3 are with me all the time, and I have total faith in my Training, and total Trust in my Breeding, yes I did eventually have a Litter of 3 puppies, Sold a male, gave away a female as a act of Charity to a co-worker and kept a female, she is now 1 yr. and 8 months so I know she is not going to get any bigger @ 4 1/2 lbs. Yes, my 10 lb. Artie & Abigail produced 4 1/2 & 5 lb. dogs, it's in the Bloodlines! They are all very healthy! Quality Breeds quality. I never complain about them b/c I started with good stock as well as Train them every day to do new and different things all the time. So in the long run it helps to know what you are looking for? Shop around it's supposed to be a "Lifetime". Too bad Yorkies, are such a high ticket item, just b/c you pay the price doesn't mean you get what you paid for? And by the way I sold the male puppy to a YT. member
"Jazziena", his name is "Jack" her and her Family Love him. I got Lucky!
Sorry this is so long, I had to vent. I hope everyone with a Yorkie, is happy with them? I would hate to think of them as a "Burden" or "Disappointment"?
What a sad way to Live......even if it's my Sister.
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!