View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:33 AM   #4
y0rkiesR0ck
YT Addict

Kash did this when he had coccidia (intestinal parasite)... but if your pup is older and has healthy immune system, he shouldn't get coccidia (but it's not impossible). usually puppies get coccidia because they has weak immune systems. oh, also, just because a fecal test comes back negative, doesn't necessarily mean your pup doesn't have worms or parasites... it just means the vet didn't get a good sample or the parasites weren't in that particular part of the feces that was extracted... i had to get Kash's feces tested twice before they found the coccidia...

i took him to the vet at the first sign of him dragging his butt, and they told me his fecal test came back negative for any problems... but then he kept doing it, so i took him back a few days later, and they took another sample (this time using an enema) and they found coccidia. after i got medication he completely stopped the dragging.

i'm not trying to worry you because chances are it's not coccidia, and it's easily fixed by getting his anal glands emptied... i just wanted to share my experience with butt dragging. lol!

thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!