View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
fabioadams
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Hey everyone, im back but I have bad news!

Hey everyone! I haven't been on here in a while. I used to get on here a bunch but I have been really busy with school and work! I do have some bad news though

Last night when I got home I opened my door and was expecting my baby to do his usual excited barking and jumping up on me. I went to go pick him up and give him a kiss but saw that he was lying on his bed, barely moving. I tried to pick him up but he yelped! I then noticed some dry throw up on either side of him on his bed. I started to freak out. I called around to all the vets near me and found one an hour away that would see him. So I drove there (i got there in 30!!) and he was able to see the vet. She did the normal tests on him like the poo, his temp and blood work. The poo and temp were normal but he had a really high white blood cell count. That had her worried so she suggested he stay overnight and xrays and more tests would be run in the morning. She asked me to help her put in IV in him to get him some fluids. She then brought him to the back where he was going to stay. After a while, she let me back there to see him and my baby had pulled out his IV and was bleeding everywhere! I was so scared!!! She opened his cage and he jumped to me! He was bleeding everywhere, but she put a new IV in him and taped it better. I had to let him go and I must say it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, I cried the whole way home! The vet called us this morning with an update that they had done an xray on his stomach and there was nothing abnormal in his intestines or anything, so that wasnt the problem. She also did a pancreatic test and that was normal. So she was going to keep him again. Well she called again tonight to tell me they had done another blood test on him and his white blood cell count was even higher! The vet is not sure what is wrong with him so they are going to do a chest xray on him tomorrow. So hopefully she can find out what is wrong. I am extremely worried about him! I just hope that she finds out what caused him to feel like that and hopefully he will be back home tomorrow afternoon!

But I do have a question for everyone. About a year ago when he was having teeth problems, I applied for a grant from a yorkie foundation, which I didn't get. But I was wondering if anyone knew a foundation that gave grants, because I cannot remember the name of the foundation. I really need to apply for another grant for this time. The vet told us it could possibly reach 1500 and I don't know how I am ever going to pay for this. I really need help! So if any of you know what I am talking about please let me know. Or if anyone knows anything that can help me with this, please let me know. I just want my baby to get better at any cost! I will go into debt for this! I can't loose him! But if yall can provide me with any info I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance guys!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!