Thread: CalSorb
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
Chattie was 5 lbs. 12 ounces prepregnancy and is up to 7 lbs. 14 ounces. Today is day 57 so pups will be coming sometime within the next week. I don't use Nutri-Cal unless I have an extreme emergency, but it is good to have on hand. Your source is cheaper on the Nutri-Cal but higher on the Cal Sorb. I paid $4.18 each for hte 20 tubes that I purchased and Rival was $4.99 if you buy 12 or more. She will be on CalSorb twice a day until further direction from Dr. Amy.
That is interesting. I misread the post, I thought you were giving Nutri-cal twice a day. I did not you were giving her Cal-sorb twice a day. I always thought you were not supposed to give them calcium before whelping. The Cal-sorb does not make her sick to her stomach? I have only used it in emergency situations. What are the symptoms when they are hypocalcemic and need extra calcium before whelping. How many puppies is she expecting. I am sure you posted that somewhere but sometimes I miss things. There is so much to keep up with.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!