View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
SladesMommy
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Default Can they do this?

Since the Jeep I just bought is in mom's name, we went to her insurance place to get insurance (Farm Bureau), we've had both my other vehicles with them, her vehicle, and our house insurance.

So they approved us for insurance on the jeep. I do have one major boo-booo on my driving report, but they said that would just make the rates about $100 more per 6 months. Then we got a letter in the mail saying they were cancelling my policy after looking at my driving report.

On my driving report I have:
Sept. 04- My jeep hydroplaned and hit a tree and was totalled. I was driving safely for the conditions (raining), it was just a freak accident

May 06- Wreckless driving (really STUPID mistake and one I would never make again)

June 06- driving 50 in a 35 (speed limit wasn't posted anywhere).

It sucks, but I can see why they would cancel the policy. When she goes in to pay her truck insurance today- they inform her they are dropping her truck insurance as well. WTF? She is almost 70 yrs old. Drive a 1990 Ford Ranger, NEVER had a speeding ticket in her life! I don't even drive her truck!

So can they drop her insurance too?

Also, any recommendation on where to try to get insurance? I have to have full coverage on the Jeep til its paid off. The insurance will be listed under my moms name since the car is in her name, w/ me as a primary driver.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!