View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 AM   #8
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksmom View Post
Were on 14days now and shes not nice. She leaves the babies ONLY to go potty. She wont even go eat, the food has to be brough to her. the famliies 3 year old son cant even walk by the laudry room door with out her growling and chasing him down the hall. Shes bit him 2 times breaking the skin once. We really dont know what she was like before pregnancy so were hoping this is just a faze. She does seem to be doing really well with the pups thogh.
I know our Tiffanie would NOT allow our boys around her puppies when she has them until they was like 6 weeks old...If they came by the room we had her and our puppies in she would growl and run up to the gate. We didn't allow NO and I mean NO visitors in her room at all, we had a gate up at out door and they came to the door to peek, but that was ONLY my older 2 daughters (My oldest daughter 23 did help me with them to take photos and Tif didn't mind at all) and my granddaughter, all others had to wait until our babies was like 3 to 4 weeks old. And of course Tif came to the gate to make sure no one was coming in to see them.

I know a 3 year old can get really loud and maybe that is why she is so is snappy. Maybe there is to much action going on the house? To many people in and out? And yes like KY Blue said maybe the little boy had done something to her in the past...Yorkies don't forget you know. Is this her 1st litter? I'd say she needs to be alone and maybe she's feeling insecure about others being around...They are very protective as this is only nature to them. Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!