View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
ycroft
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Sick Yorkie-Lymphangiectasia - Update

An update on Wycket follows. I posted some 44 days ago asking questions about my very sick Yorkie - Wycket - who had been diagoised with Lymphangiectasia. I wanted to give an update and also provide some information should anyone else find themselves in this same position.

I am happy to report that although he is on a medicine regiment and on a special food product, Wycket has gained a pound and is back to his old self.

He again torments his sister (Bristol the cat and queen of the house) and barks loudly enough that his elderly brother (Rusty a 13-year old Cocker) who's hearing is not good, barks right along.

Wycket is on the following medicines: Metroridazole, Prednisone and Cyclosporine. We are just about to begin weaning (sp?) him off the Prednisone which is a steriod and aside from not being a good idea to be on a steriod too long, it makes him urinate alot. His blood will be tested monthly to make sure all the levels remain where they should.

He is on special dry food and his medicine is now given to him in a piece of bread instead of a piece of cheese or luncheon meat as he cannot process fat so must have none of it. (Oh Wycket feels much better as he tries to steal everyone's food).

Basicallly, Wycket will always have this condition and this regiment is designed to manage - not cure - his Lymphangiectasia. Treatment is not inexpensive.

Just wanted to provide an update as I received many informative and encouraging messages.
ycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!