Thread: Rose Bushes
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Rose Bushes

Hello I'm needing some help with my Rose Bushes. I don't know how many of you have them but if you do maybe you can help me.

I have 29 from, bushes, climbing, tea roses, miniature roses to the old fashion once a year bloomers, all different colors and sizes. (I'll take photos of them all when they come into bloom & post them for you all to see) I always get new rose bushes every year for Mothers Day and my Birthday.

I am having trouble with Aphids since we moved to the City, I use to have trouble with Beetles and had so many Lady Bugs in the Country, but no Aphids, I know the Lady Bugs eat the aphids.

Aphids are on my roses every single Spring, (Lived in our house here for 4 years now) we have not beetles or lady bugs here in the City. I've tried everything that you can buy at Home Depot, Walmart and every where else here in the City I can buy at, I've tried home made recipes also. Nothing is working, I fight these little critters all Spring long, drives me batty the only way I've found to get rid of them is smash them with my fingers and then a lot of them fall to the ground...I hate doing this every single day. But I have to in order to save my babies. I know it's nasty to do but I have to save my roses.

Do any of you have trouble with Aphids eating your roses? They can and will destroy your little baby buds you have coming on for your roses. If you do can you please I beg of you to share how you get rid of them. PLEASEEEEEEE
I don't care how stupid or crazy your ways of getting ride of them may sound I'll try anything...Trust me...I've tried some crazy things with them.

I love my roses, they too are my life along with my Yorkies, I always say if I die, put my Yorkies, Girls, Diet Drinks and Roses in my casket...I baby these roses as much as I do my Yorkies & Girls. I hope some of you can help me. Thanks, Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!