View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #14
Dreamer74
YT Addict

We litter trained Buddy using the Purina Second Nature dog litter pan and litter. You are right at first they kind of want to play in it and eat it but we just kept discouraging him and I even mixed some bitter apple gel with water and lightly sprayed it so it would taste bad and shortly after he quit chewing on it.
I have loved it!! It allows me to confine him to a room or two while we are gone all day, or at night so he has the opportunity to be free and still not make any messes on my floor. Now that it is warmer he has started going potty outside more but if someone is not paying attention when he needs out he just runs back and uses the litter box. Buddy is currently 7 months old and we started using at 3 months old. He has not had an accident in my house since he was probably 4 months old. From what I have read on the forum that is pretty darn good.
I will say once you start you need to just do that until they get used to it or they get a bit confused. Plus if you have a boy once he starts lifting his leg you will have to watch out because once in a while he will be standing in the litter box and pee over the edge onto the floor!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!