View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #15
LoveMyJake
I love Jackson too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese1 View Post
I'm from around Cincinnati, I didn't even realize they had changed Jacob's field, I always loved the way that sounded!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your advice, I think my Mother and I both so nervous about that! We keep telling ourselves they are going to bicker and quarrel, just like siblings do, but you just want them to get along and love each other!
We keep praising all three of them and are really trying to pay attention to all of them, we don't want anyone to feel slighted!
Did you immediately allow them near each other or did you keep one on a leash or anything until they sniffed and got used to one another?
Hearing that your two are best of friends now really gives me hope that it will work out like that for us!
Thanks!

I did immediately allow them near each other, but I was right there with them. I was lucky, there was no fighting or growling or anything like that. They were both just very curious of each other, but I could tell Jake wasn't liking the idea at first. I just kind of let them sniff each other and check each other out. Jake a big mama's boy, so I just kept encouraging him and telling him what a good boy he was, etc. Jackson would try to curl up with Jake to nap, but Jake wasn't having any part of that! He would just get up and walk away. I pretty much let them sort it out, just making sure I was always there to supervise. They gradually warmed up to each other. I felt like I just had to let them take it at their own pace, and just make sure there wasn't any aggressive behavior. I didn't leave them alone together until I was sure they would be okay with that. If I pet one, I pet the other too because I wanted to make sure they were both getting the same attention. I think once Jake realized that mommy was still going to spoil him, he was fine lol. But, Jake is very laid back and calm.....very very playful, but he's quiet. My boys are total opposites in every way. Jake finally realized that Jackson was a pretty cool playmate, so it all worked out.....thank goodness!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!