View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
Misti1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotatoe View Post
Hello fellow Yorkie owners,

I'm happy to be a new member of this online community! I have a ten month-old Yorkie named Cricket, and he weighs four pounds. The vet told me last week that this is as big as he's going to get, so he's a tiny fellow. I've never had a dog before, and Cricket teaches me new things every day. Also, since I'm a freelance writer from home, Cricket is my constant companion.

I recently had a debate with my husband over Cricket, and I was wondering if some of you could weigh in. One of my favorite books is "I Like You" by Amy Sedaris, a wacky entertaining guide. Sedaris explains that she has a pet rabbit, and whenever she entertains, she tries to sell her old junk for a quarter to guests on behalf of the rabbit, who she claims must earn his keep somehow.

I've considered doing something similar for Cricket, but since I don't want to hock my junk to friends while they visit, my solution for Cricket earning his keep is via Halloween.

I LOVE Halloween, and one of the major downsides of being an adult is that it's inappropriate to trick-or-treat without a child, and even then you probably won't get candy--the kid gets it.

I don't have a child, and it will likely be years before I get one. So I want to take Cricket trick-or-treating so he can earn his keep.

My husband is dead against this--he hates dog outfits, and he thinks it would be weird if I took the dog out like he was a child. But this is the only way I can think of that Cricket could bring in the bread (or, in this example, sugar).

What do you all think? Do you take your pups trick-or-treating? Do they wear costumes?

And where in the world can I find a costume that will fit a four-pound dog?

Cheers,

Sweet Potatoe Punk
Excellent opportunity for you guys to break to halloween pics back out, and welcome to YT Cricket and Mom.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!