View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 AM   #18
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

ohhh I'm loving this thread! I just switched my two dogs to prey model raw two days ago. I have an older collie and a one year old yorkie. They are both doing great but I do have a question.... they both look to me to hold the meat for them. I started with chicken breasts on the first day and yesterday we had chicken legs and thighs. No stomach upset and they seem happy with it but they just don't quite know how to eat it. I don't really much like touching the raw meat although I imagine I'll get used to it but sitting there holding it is certainly not what I had anticipated. Any suggestions? I'm hoping they'll get the hang of it soon. Also, I plan to stay within the chicken family for a few weeks to allow their system to adjust, but do you think chicken livers would be too much to add at this time? I read it was a bit rich and I'm trying to take it slow but I think my older collie might be a tad contipated, but she was on the kibble so she might be fine but thought I might try that? What do you think?
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!