View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Are Yorkies more high maintenance than other dogs or is it just my dog?

I adore this dog, really I do, and I think Im a pretty responsible dog owner. I have 3 dogs and I know they require alot of time and effort and it is worth it for the love they give me, but...This Yorkie is a pain in the but. She is more trouble than my Maltese and poodle mix are together. Shes had all sorts of minor health issues, is very picky about what she eats and seems to have a very sensitive stomach. I can give she and my other two the same food and only she has trouble with it. Do you think this is the breed or this particular dog? She did come from a pet store, so probably was born in a puppy mill. (I didnt buy her there, ds and gf did and I ended up with her when they couldnt keep her). Are all Yorkies high maintenance or is it just mine?
The latest thing though that is annoying the heck out of me is I cant get her to go poop when I need her to to. I feed her at the same time most days of the week and keep the same routine with the walk. I work full time so I feed her when I come home and walk her about an hour or more later. I can walk and walk, she sniffs, she turns around, the littlest noise or shadow will disrupt the whole process and she will start all over. Most days I can get her to go, but it takes forever other days. I dont mind walking her, but she is very sensitive to the heat and as the days are getting warmer, the longer we are out, the worse she looks, panting, and looking miserable. Today I walked her twice, trying to get her to go...I was really frustrated because I am just getting over the flu so am not 100% well, and have a sore foot and back (its a long story), and she wouldnt go. I know she will end up going in the house or will wake me in the middle of he night to go, which I really hate. Neither of my other dogs ever did things like this. The Maltese goes out, does her business and comes back in. The Yorkie mix goes everytime I walk her. They are both older than the Yorkie if that matters.
I do adore this dog, as I said, and nothing could make me get rid of her, but I wish she wasnt so much trouble. Does anyone have any suggestions for the pooping problem? Is this common?
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!