View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Thanks for all the replies. I have been worried sick about this. Last night his eye looked so much worse than before we ever took him to the hospital, completely closed, but this morning he looked pretty good again so I guess the cream is working. I was worried about how he would react to the cone since he has to sleep in it, and amazingly he's adjusted to it very well. I guess the trick here is to get the correct size because the first one the tech brought out was huge and I think it would have been more difficult for him to get use to. They wanted to give him Torbutrol for pain, but he had a bad reaction to that after neuter surgery (each dose made him more hyper) so they decided not to give him anything. I sure hope he isn't in pain. His appetite is fine.

Ann, does the vet suggest keeping them in if it's windy? This is such a beautiful time of year, but the "breeze" can come out of nowhere, and I've never thought about it being able to hurt their eyes so easily. Maybe some little goggles?

Here are a couple of cone-head pictures, it's the eye on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (178.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1-2.jpg (150.9 KB, 5 views)

Join today and remove this ad!