View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
JohnnieWalker
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBear View Post
Hello...I am new to Yorkies and am trying to adjust to my little Bear......I already have a 2 year old Jack Russell and I am feeling bad for her.....Not sure if this was a fair thing to do by buying a little puppy.

Well, just wanted to say hello and vent a little

BearBear's Mom
First of all: Welcome to YT!!!! Glad to have you and bear. I know where you're coming from. When I got Walker, we had 2 Lhasa Apsos (Max 17 and Bailey 10) and I felt a little guilty for adding a puppy. Then to make things worse, Max passed away 3 weeks after getting the puppy. I couldn't help but think that he felt replaced or something. I know, it's silly. He was old and it was his time. Sometimes it's the best thing for an older dog though, to have a puppy around. They "make" them move more and then they start to play again. Bailey has a bad back but the still wants to keep up with Walker and that's great. In time, they will be great friends. Yours too! Even if your Jack Russell feels left out right now, that will change. Trust me. When I got Bailey as a puppy, Max was furious, wanted nothing to do with him, peed just to prove his point, etc...I thought they would never get along. But they did. And when you have to leave them alone, they will always have each other for company. Look at it that way. Enjoy your new furbaby, they are so precious!!!! Let us all know how things are going. And again..
JohnnieWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!