View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecass
You know this reminds me of the controversy(?) over the MMR vaccinations and the link to Autism that they say has been disproven. Who pays for this type of research? The pharmacutical companies. I'm not sure if you remember any of this or even if you have heard it but, it started when the MMR vaccination give at around 18 months of age, it had the preservative Thimersol which is Mercury. So parents got together to see if this was what caused the Autism was the Mercury poisioning. The symptons are the same. I don't know if this was coincidence(sorrry I'm a horrible speller sometimes) or not but, they quit putting Thimersol in the vaccinations.

There is always going to be people saying that vaccinations harms more than it hurts and vice versa. Can't make everyone happy.

Sheila
This vet comes to the conclusion, as most do , that the benefits of some of the puppy vaccines outweigh the risks , but not the annual vaccines and not some of the other vaccines that are not necessary based on a dog's lifestyle as an indoor dog, etc.

It's very interesting reading.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!