View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstemason
I just received the papers for registration on my baby Harley with AKC. What is the purpose of Limited Registration? Why could you not breed a dog? What does that mean? Is there something wrong? I have a friend who has a CKC registered Yorkie that is a female and we had talked about breeding them once before they were neutered so we both could have a second furbaby. Does this mean I would not be able to. It's not really an issue with me but my last yorkie did not have a limited registration but that was 17 years ago.

thanks for any explantions.

harley's mom
Did you purchase the pup without the breeder disclosing limitation on registration? Some breeders that have champion blood lines will limit their registration so that someone can't ruin the good lines. With limited registration...unless you signed a spay/neuter contract...you cannot register any litters with AKC. The registration for any offspring with this dog is limited. Sometimes, if there is something wrong with the lines, they will be limited. It all depends on the breeder.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!