Thread: teacup yorkie!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
melanie daley
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiesmiles View Post
Hi Welcome to YT!! What is it you are exactly looking for?

Unfortunately, the term teacup is thrown around and means absolutely nothing. The standard for a yorkie is 4-7 lbs. And it can be difficult for a breeder to absolutely predict where a pup will end up. Also, health problems can arise with the tiniest it seems more easily.

You have come to the right place to learn about yorkies. Plus there are all kinds of fun, knowledgeable people here! Hope you stick around
Thank you for being kind and informative!! I think it's really bad when people jump down new YT'rs throats for using a term that doesn't exist, or saying they bought from a pet store ect.. People come here to get information from knowledgeable Yorkie owners. I'm glad Kelly has come here BEFORE buying a yorkie, not after she has been ripped off by someone selling "teacups" at astronomical prices!!
I too, didn't know about these things when I joined YT and I have learned so much and consider myself to be some what knowledgeable after being here a while (I'm sure I have lots more to learn!!)...

To OP:
Welcome Kelly!!! I hope you are able to gain some good info before you bring home a beautiful yorkie!! Good luck and look forward to some pix!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!