View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
LilYorkieMomma
Yorkie Yakker

Default Orijen, Evo, Canidae, Nature's Valley

I know this has been discussed numerous times and I have gone back and read the threads. I would like advice on these brands specifically: Orijen, Evo, Canidae, Nature's Valley Instinct.

I have a 2 year old chihuahua and a 12 week old yorkie girl. I used to feed my Chi purina little bites but after much reading I wanted to switch to healthier food. My Chi also has a LOT of trouble chewing kibble he was getting so thin we started feeding him soft foods. I tried the Solid Gold Wee Bites. He loved it and it was small enough but his fur began to fall out around his face and on his paws and legs. We thought maybe he has a fish allergy or maybe it was something else in the solid gold. So we switched to Evo. Then I read Evo can cause kidney and liver damage and dogs throw up bile or something like that. My new puppy came to me eating Orijen puppy and she loves it and my chi tries to sneak it but I didn't know if he should have it because it has fish. I like that it has the herbs and botanicals. I think it makes breath and poop not stink so much.

I am thoroughly confused. I want them to be on the same food. I am scared about high protein and liver/kidney damage. I just want them to be healthy. I also read about Chicken Soup and Royal Canin but I wasn't sure if they are good because they have grains such as rice. I thought we are supposed to feed grain free kibble. My husband is against feeding raw but thinks homecooked meats is fine. Truth is I don't know that I could cook them food everyday. We are very busy and I hate cooking. LOL I am open to hearing any advice. Please no bashing I just want what is best for my pets.
LilYorkieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!