View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #7
xxmxaxrxyxx
Missing Yoshi Everyday!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I had a girl with this problem from ages of 3 to 5 yrs. I cut her coat short, I could take a paper towel and wipe her off...the paper towel would literally be strained with oil..so I go to a VERY high dollar dermo vet in Montgomery county MD...he recommends his products and pin points the problem as being seborrhea..there was no flaking or itching, sores etc...I bought his products to the tune of $250...used it faithfully and it worked well...then my vet tells me to use Dawn...it works the same..BUT my Yorkie was clipped short, so the hair was not involved...it did not dry out her skin and as she got older around 5 yrs, her problem suddenly stopped.

I recommend using the Dawn first..and then using a good shampoo for NORMAL, not dry or oily skin...no conditioner.
so i should bath her with dawn soap...rinse off...then use a normal shampoo...i am currently use MinkSheen...will that not work on her hair? thanks

I don't want to clip her short because i am hoping to be able to show her....but it is still too early to tell...she is currently 4 months old.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!