Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Zimasmommie
Yorkie Talker

Default New Here

Hi All:

This is my first post here and I'm very scared for my baby. I hope you guys can help me.
Her name is Zima and she will be 14 this August.
We took her to Florida last week by car....we live in NJ. She is not a very good traveler, and in the past, I would give her a "chill pill" from the vet, given2 hours prior to travel. These pills never really did too much...just kinda took the edge off. And we didn't really go too far....1 1/2 hours. Vet also give me Frontline due to fleas in Fla.
For the Fl trip, I gave her 1 pill the nite we left, and she was ok...kinda antsy, but not too bad. But we had to stop and get a room after 6 hrs. Day 2 same thing..not too bad, but again had to stop in 6hrs not only because she was antsy, but when I walked her on one of our breaks, she must have stepped in gasoline or diesel fuel. I gave her a quick bird bath in a sink at the gas station, then when we got to the hotel, again a tub bath. Day 3 we start out and I gave her the pill and she reacted to it in less than 5 minutes and I was freaked out. She came out of it in a few hours, but I swore I'd never giver her another pill. Return trip home, I didn't give her a pill and she panted all the way to Ga. Day 2 she was really freaking out in the car, so I did give her a pill and she was out in 2 seconds. I got REALLY scared!!! I cursed myself for giving it to her. Anyway, she pooped a little while she was asleep and when we stopped for a break, she fell limp in my arms...like a ferret. We drove 12 1/2 hrs to get home...I just wanted her to get to her own house thinking she'd be ok. Then entire time home, when we did stop, I would walk her and she was ok, but back in the car she was out cold. At home, she was doing better and thought she just needed a few days to get over the trauma of the trip, etc. Well, it's now day 4 since we got home and she eating, drinking, barking etc, but she's just not herself. Prior to the trip, a few times she pee'd in bed, but last nite she did it, but A LOT. This evening, while she laying on the couch she did it again, and I noticed that when she was walking a few times, she kinda feel over. I am taking her to the Vet tomorrow, but was just wondering if this happened to any of you. I don't know if this has anything to do with the gasoline incident...the trauma of travel for a senior baby or what the heck is going on here. I'm really, really scared right now.
Anyone have any ideas, suggestions.

Thank you,
Zimasmommie

Oh, ps...
she did have a few fleas on her..I gave her a bath and haven't seen anymore on her.
Zimasmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!