View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
When a female comes in heat she goes through a lot of hormone changes and whether a dog is bred or not they still can show all the signs of being pregnant. The heat cycle usually makes them more aggressive and moody. This hormonal change will last the full 61 days or so whether she is pregnant or not. It is too early to tell if your girl is pregnant. Some of the early signs are loss of appetite, vomiting and swollen nipples. Most females get the swollen nipples whether they are pregnant or not. I wish you the best with your girl. Keep us posted on how she is doing.
I was wondering about the nipples being swollen after heat even tho Sage was never bred, never has been. She has the smallest ones I've ever seen, they are swollen up by her skin, if that makes any sense. If she does ever get pregnant I wonder if they will get bigger, I know they would but U should see how tiny they are, maybe it's just me being use to big ol' Tif???

Sofies' in heat now and she's just pecking when she eats, I worry about her for she's my only one that weighs 5 lbs. 6 oz. so she can't afford not to loose to much weight in my eyes, but then again I'm use to big ol' Tif being 10 to 11 lbs. before she ever got pregnant. So can they not each much all through their 61 days? I just worry about them. This is her 1st heat.

Thanks for answering my questions too. Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!