View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille_E View Post
Oh, I've heard that before, but thank you. I would never buy from an unethical breeder. I have an aunt who has the most precious, well-behaved, and healthy teacup-sized yorkie. I heard from her the breeder was wonderful (e.g. answered all her questions, sent home a puppy package, etc.). But, my point is that while
'teacup' is a made up term, the good breeders would only use it to describe the puppy's and the parent's size.
No breeder should be using the term "teacup" period. It is against the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America's code of ethics to use "teacup" to describe a yorkshire terrier. I have friends with 3lb yorkies...they are just yorkies on the smaller side of the standard. It's important to remember too that the tiny ones you must be much more cautious with...responsible breeders will strive to breed yorkies in the 4-7lb range. They may get a smaller one, but they don't intentionally breed for it.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!