View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylavender View Post
Well, I am embarrassed to tell you, but we feed our cat, Science Diet, as recommended by our vet. (I would never feed SD to Millie or Jazzie). But "we" had a weight problem and a hairball problem and this is what our vet recommended. I had her on Light/Hairball Control, but now have her on senior/hairball control.

My cat is so finicky, this is the only thing she will eat at this stage in her life. She does not eat canned food or any treats at all. I could leave the dog food down all day long and she will not eat it. So it's SD for her. (Oh by the way, she is still over weight!)

Ya but cat and kitten chow is like 3 bucks a box at vons... last I bought it..... For alley cays when I was broke... It was cheap and I felt bad for the cat... But it couldn't have been very quality???

I am hoping to find a good food to switch them on to...

I know TONS! of cats on science diet RX's lots of males for urinary issues... Seems to be all I know is SD cats. There weren't a whole lot of choices not so long ago. I know the market is expanding to keep up with the demands for better foods. Its not just dog owners who want quality food for their pets. Sicence diet is not cheap. There are better foods out there... but there are FAR WORSE! I wouldn't be embarresed at all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!