View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Default Heart Arrhythmia?

My wife took our Bijou to the vet today because she had been having 'reverse sneezing' episodes since Sunday afternoon. The vet diagnosed her with heart arrhythmia and prescribed Enalipril. She has never before had any such episodes before and has always been healthy and active. I delayed taking her to the vet because I thought she was having a reaction to a carpet freshening powder my wife used on Sunday. She told the vet this but he was firm in his diagnosis but it seemed like too much of a coincidence (to me) that she would have such an episode for the first time ever only hours after the cleaner was used. She had a rough night with it Monday night but seems much better this evening. I don't think the medicine could have worked that fast. The vet was amazed that she had no prior episodes but stayed with his diagnosis. The very limited amount of research I've done this afternoon on heart arrhythmia doesn't seem to match Bijou's history so now I'm really wondering if it wasn't a reaction to the carpet cleaner after all though none of my other dogs seen affected by it. Bijou is 21 months old and weighs 9 pounds but is probably about a pound overweight but certainly not obese. Sorry for the long post but does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? I'm really confused by this. Thanks for any replies.
Woogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!