View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 06:16 AM   #1
Shelley
Yorkie Yakker

Smile Another puppymill shut down!!!!!!!!

Good news!! The NBSPCA here in New Brunswick (Canada) have just shut down a puppymill in a town called Jemseg (about 20 minutes from where I live - I live in Fredericton). A husband and wife were breeding Dachsunds (spell??). When the inspectors went in the house, I guess the whole house was full of feces and the floors were soaked in urine. Mold was growing in the walls and coming down the ceilings. The owners said : "If the house is good enough for us, it's good enough for the dogs". Now can you imagine that. Anyway, the inspectors seized 13 Dacshunds and they are all in foster homes for now. I hope these people do not get their dogs back. The dogs weren't in bad shape, but weren't in the best shape either. They were really stinky I guess. Last year, the New Brunswick SPCA shut down another small puppymill and it cost them 22,000$...for a small puppymill. Now can you imagine what it would cost to shut down a big one? The NBSPCA works only by peoples donations, so the executive director there only works part time (2 days a week). That's all the NBSPCA can afford to pay him (although he works WAY MORE than those 2 days). I think they have about 13 inspectors. I even offered to volunteer as an inspector and he said : "Shelley, trust me, you don't want to be an inspector. That's why I'm doing my job from here". He said "You wouldn't believe the things these inspectors see". It makes me so sad!!!

Well, I just wanted to share the good news. If I can find a link to the story, I'll post it later...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!