View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default About having puppy customers in your home---

I'm interested in how breeders manage people coming to their homes to see puppies, and how they go about declining to sell a puppy when they don't feel quite right about a customer. Over the weekend I had a big talking man come alone who stayed two hours and received cell phone calls every 5 minutes, and repeatedly said of various puppies and their parents that "this one doesn't do anything for me." The next day he phoned wanting to return with his family and I told him I was too busy. Sometime during his visit he told of recently having placed with rescue a one year old Westie that was biting people. If he ever calls back I'll tell him all my puppies are gone. Dealing with people sometimes is enough to make me want to quit this. There have been other times people showed up with the whole family plus the neighbors, then still been arguing over which puppy they wanted when the next party arrived for their appointment. Several times a year I get requests from people who want to "tour the kennel" in anticipation of purchasing a Yorkie at some future time. I used to receive everyone, but now have started explaining that the "kennel" is my home, not a public place, and they're welcome to visit when they're ready to buy a puppy. I'd love to hear how others are handling this. Thanks.
magicgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!