View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 05:43 AM   #1
goldcupmom
YT Addict

Default ? for parents of teenies & boys.....

As you may know I've had Max for just over a week. At 13 weeks he was 20.4 oz (19.2 at the vet). Definitely not a big guy, but he thinks he is.

I have a few questions about the tiny ones as Mia was 40 oz at 13 weeks and there is a HUGE difference.

1. Potty training - He obviously has a bladder the size of an eye dropper. But he has held it overnight in his crate as much as 8 hours. Daytime is another story. Is it just a male thing, age thing, or do the tinies really need to go a LOT more often. My DH says I'm trying to house train a mouse.

2. Leash - With a harness, is he too small to try to train to a leash yet?

3. Food - He loves his RC. Should I give him food access 24/7? He's never in his life had a sugar crash and seems to eat about 4 pcs of RC about every 10 - 20 minutes. I'd think his eating frequently is healthy. Should I put food in his crate at night?

4. Weight - Did your little ones seem to gain weight quickly? Max gained 4 oz the first week and is now 24.6 oz @ 14 weeks. (Believe me I"m not sad that he's growing, just curious)

5. Sleep - Do any of your teenies sleep in bed with you? Mia has always slept with me, but was 40 oz when I got her. He has a long way to go to get that big. He and Mia both cry and cry when he has to go to sleep in his cage at night and she is on the bed. I'm not comfortable with him on the bed yet, but hopefully someday.

Thanks guys! You are always a tremendous help!
goldcupmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!